Thursday 15 June 2017

Cruelty Free Shop June 2017 Vegan Mystery Box

This is the final month of my six month gift subscription to the Cruelty Free Shop Vegan Mystery Box, so my last box of the year. Although I am kind of tempted to do the next six months for myself, because it has been a lot of fun getting a present in the mail every month! Let's see what we got this time!

2017_06_VeganMysteryBox


  • Fabulous Freefrom Factory Crunchee Bites: These are tiny little honeycomb bites covered in chocolate. Honeycomb isn't my preference, but the package got a bit busted in transit so I started eating these straight up. They are a bit inconsistent in texture - some are soft and some are crunchy. But they are way too sweet for me. My dad enjoyed them!
  • Late July Tortilla Chips - Sea Salt by the Seashore: I haven't had these before but corn chips are always a classic. Will probably use them to make a bowl or or nachos.
  • Soyatoo Rice Topping Cream: These are handy to use as an ice cream base, in place of soy creamer in recipes, or as a pouring cream. I have never been bothered to whip it, but one day I shall!
  • Eskal Chocolate Cremes: I am very very happy that I got strawberry (some people got orange).
  • Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo: I am pretty committed to De Lorenzo, but will be curious to try this. Is a handy travel size.
  • Tom & Luke Zesty Lemon and Coconut Snackaballs: I've busted into these and they are indeed zesty and quite satisfying, I only need one or two to make me happy.
  • Health Good Guys Maca Raw Protein Bar: I haven't even heard of this bar before, but I cannot say no to a good bar. Here's hoping it is good!
  • 99th Monkey Cacao Hazelnut Butter: I am pretty excited about this. I am waiting for just the right time and mood to make the most of this adorable little bottle.
Overall I was pretty happy with the box! There was also a recipe vegan brownies topped with rice cream and caramel, using the rice whip.

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim on lap


My baby girl has had a bit of a rough couple of days. On Tuesday evening she started straining to pee and had blood in it. I brought her some pain relief home from work to give her some relief until we could get a urine sample. But turns out she is very sensitive to opioids and ended up spending all night sitting in front of her water bowl with huge eyes, meaning I was up all night in a panic that something worse was wrong. Thankfully it is 'only' a UTI, which was expected given her signs and her kidney disease. She had bloods taken and her kidney disease is stable, so that is good. And she is now on antibiotics and is feeling much better about life, she seems to be back to normal today! Four weeks of antibiotics (she is having a weekly injection), and then a recheck in 6 weeks. I hope that will be the end of it!

12 comments:

  1. Ah poor Dim Sum! I hope she's feeling a bit better and recovers quickly. UTIs are very scary. I went through that twice my little Gelfling a few years back. I imagine it's even scarier when your kitty already has kidney issues. :-( Sending healing vibes to Dim Sum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Dim Sum is better soon. That sounds like a really nice box of treats. I have had the honeycomb crunchies before as one of our supermarket chains stocks them. They also do some nice chocolate covered raisins too which are quite hard to get over here as they usually have shellac in the glaze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shellac is so annoying. I have been thwarted from many a delicious treat because people need to put bugs in things. I would like to try the raisins!

      Delete
  3. I am so, so happy to know that Dim Sim is on the mend. That must have been so scary and sad to go through. So many hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you too! Thank you for all your kind words and thoughts!

      Delete
  4. Looks like some fun goodies! Hugs to you & Dim Sim! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Dim Sim, I'm glad she's on the mend. That box looks wonderful and I'm very glad you got the strawberry creams rather than the orange. I'm a big fan of the Giovanni leave in conditioner so fingers crossed that you and your hair like the shampoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like chocolate and orange, but strawberry is always better. Though Eskal is on the Did Not Respond list with FEP. So won't be buying them again myself after this.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a pretty good snack box! I'm intrigued by the rice whip - it sounds good!
    I've used the Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo, it's just ok. It would make a nice travel shampoo though.
    The hazelnut butter sounds by far the best! YUM.

    Oh no! Poor kitty. I'm quite behind on blogging, so hopefully by this point she is all better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is better, thank you!
      And you just reminder me that I still have the chocolate hazelnut butter in the cupboard.

      Delete